Physician Quality Reporting System Maintenance of Certification Program Incentive
AOBEM, operating under the AOA, has been qualified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the 2013 PQRS MOC Program Incentive. This will allow those diplomats that qualify to apply for an additional 0.5% incentive payment for 2013 for submitted Medicare /Medicaid claims. Note: CMS requires that you are registered for and meet the basic PQRS reporting requirements and are board certified in order to qualify for this incentive.
This incentive program requires physicians “to perform activities more frequently than is required for the simple maintenance of certification” in components 2, 3, and 4 of OCC. An attestation form has been posted on our website where you may attest to your activities and completion of the requirements. Once received, attestation information will be transmitted to the AOA and submitted on your behalf by the AOA to CMS.
Requirements for Participation in 2013 PQRS Incentive Program:
- Maintain a valid unrestricted license in the United States.
- Complete one of the following two options. (Do EITHER A or B)
- Exceed the CME requirement of 120 hours in the three year cycle ending December 31, 2015. Documentation of 50 hours of CME acquired during 2013 will satisfy this requirement. CMS requires these educational and self-assessment programs to have an assessment of what was learned.
- Successfully complete one COLA examination in 2013. Any COLA will satisfy this requirement.
- Participate in and complete a Practice Performance Module as outlined in the AOBEM practice performance guidelines. Even if you achieve 100% on your initial evaluation, CMS requires a plan for improvement and a re-assessment after the improvement intervention is implemented.
- Participate in and complete a Patient Experience of Care Survey. Information regarding this is available on this our web site.
The above requirements can be applied toward your current Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
Once the above are complete:
- Fill out the Attestation of completion form. The AOBEM must receive this completed form by midnight Dec. 31, 2013.
- Submit your 2013 Medicare claims and PQRS measures through your usual process.
AOBEM will submit your PQRS MOC activity completion information to the AOA. For further information, visit the CMS web site and review the information provided.